Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Not So Fun to Fun

So glad I didn't cancel my Vomit Comet ride.  I almost did yesterday, because I felt sorry that I took some poor dizzy sods' appointment and I was feeling so good that I did my PT, washed laundry and even swept the barn.  Funny how I won't even dust in my house, but if the barn is dirty, oy vey!!!  Turns out I'm the poor dizzy sod today.  I woke up after sleeping almost normally and I know I slept on my left side because it was wonderful.  But not puke wonderful.  So off we go to see Jolly Julie at the balance place for more PT and a big whirly hurl.  The Mister went off and had lunch.  I asked him to take me to my 2 PM PT for my shoulder and he said, okay, if you're done by 3 PM. 

So off we go to new PT for shoulder, which turns out to be PT for neck, because shoulder is mildly strained, hurray, but neck is severely whip lashed and no, it wasn't because of burly non-speaking English man trying to wring my neck like a chicken.  I guess when you get kicked in the head, you kinda whiplash.  Duh.  Well, now we know.  So, I'm done by 3 PM, pop a muscle relaxer and happily settle in to my new role as helpless passenger.  Off we go to a new ER facility and I thought maybe we were just practicing because I haven't had the pleasure of making some friends here yet.  No, it turns out that it is the new Swedish/ER place off Union Hill and the Colonel has an appointment with a new doctor.  New doctor to see why he has kidney pains, again, and oh joy, let's schedule some tests to see if we have kidney stones.  This is all good timing, because, of course, his daughter's wedding is Saturday and he has a role in it that we can't find a substitute for at this late date, if you know what I mean.  I'm can't go, doctor's orders, because the travel would definitely do me in. 

We decide we might as well have Sushi and we do and then we come home.  Our Dorkus Doggus is overjoyed to see us, which always baffles me because I always tell him we'll only be gone five minutes and I know for sure he can't tell time.  Sometimes, the highlight of your day is the dog.  Today is one of those days.

No comments: