Friday, May 13, 2011

I Sneezed Today

Earthshattering, I know.  But my brain didn't fall out!!  I was all sweaty and scared and it was tickling, but I didn't want to hold it in in case it went backwards and I swallowed my brain, but I didn't.  I looked at my face in profile for the first time today and it really doesn't look that bad.  That's good news, too. 

The big cold sore that I'm blaming on Clark for making me laugh is much better today, too.  I speed dialed Dr. McIntosh on his private cell number and of course, even though he wasn't working, he immediately phoned me back to tell me to get Abreva.  Bless him, I used to think he just did it for the money.

Mom is almost 100% and that is an incredible relief.  Part of the reason I retired, other than to take my promotion to Director of Purchasing for the Westons', was to care for Mom and Dad.  Dad had dementia for so long and when Mom developed health problems, it was tough.  Now she is battling depression as a never ending struggle with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.  She is a Siberian concentration camp survivor and really never processed it, but that's a whole other blog site.  Her emotional and physical health is now a big part of my life and it feels good to know she is doing way better.

My man is gone for the weekend, another whole blog adventure.  Get this-  he and his brother are in the desert outside of Flagstaff Arizona with a guide to practice survival skills.  They had to check a bag to carry a knife.  That's it.  A knife for two days and one night.  Eat, drink, build shelter, etc.  just like "Survivor" with no rewards or immunity idol.  I think they're probably in a Walmart parking lot.  WTF?  That's what I keep saying.  Some back in 'Nam adventure they're reliving, I guess.  So I'm by myself and so happy.  Doggus Dorkus Erectus and I walked to the mailbox and back, took a 2 hour nap and feel much much better now. 

We're gonna watch Ghost Adventures and then we will rehearse the Ultimate Dog Tease video and laugh and laugh.  Well, I will, but carefully.

Sometimes he wears Mister's underwear, too

The view when I wake up.  Look out for those hooves!!!

No comments: