Friday, May 27, 2011

Flying High

I know, it's really boring describing all the wondrous medical ailments that are me, all me.  That is why I don't answer every single phone call and every single email inquiry that invariably starts, "How are you?"  You don't want to know.  Really.  I don't want to know and this is my job.  Suffice to say, the minor miracle of averting the god awful spins yesterday was revoked as of this morning.  For some really exciting reading and a full listing of how I feel, click here:

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bppv/bppv.html

So when my doctor told me to rest, take your drugs, sleep upright, blah, blah, blah, I half heartedly said, yeah, yeah, yeah.  Then I got the brilliant idea for an adventure.  I know, in my nauseous delirium, the best I can do is come up with, "Gee whiz, let's get in a car for a ride that is sure to make me throw up and get really tired out contrary to what I just heard."  You don't understand.  I HAD THE CHANCE TO GO TO PEGASUS.   Cue lights, angels, rainbows and deep voice of God:  PEGASUSSSSSSSSSS.

For you commoners who don't know, this is a top notch facility located in a very private, heavily guarded and exclusive location that is a rehab spa for some of the world's best athletes.  It has therapy pools, treadmills, treadmills in pools, a vibration room, sun lamps, massage therapy, Xray, MRI, Cat Scan machine, acupuncture and some of the best chow you can buy.  ALL FOR HORSES.  Yup, there is a "Mare Prep" room for very special, intimate moments, a Stem Cell Therapy barn and get this, a hyperbaric chamber.  Who knew that horses went deep sea diving? I didn't, but then these are athletes, in training for all kinds of events or recovering from injuries.  My friend, Allison, has had the misfortune of having to place her incredibly beautiful mare, Vidora, there because of severe lacerations on her hind leg when she ran through a fence.  This is Cody's Mom and the woman who saved me five weeks ago today.  Anyway, when one has the chance to see this place, one must go, no questions asked, no wussy whining about it.

http://www.pegasustrainingcenter.com/?gclid=COP-54ykiakCFQZDgwodJmDCqQ

Now I'm in bed, very happy and on drugs.  Life is good.


No comments: