Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Transformation

Some of you know I have a twin sister, Lily, but may not be aware that I have an older brother, Claus.  Claus Von Clifton.  How is that for a good German/British name?  Well, he is an interesting sort.  Seems to be always searching to belong.  The Colonel sold him one of his Harleys years ago and he still has it and has always ridden old Grizz, rain or shine.  An '89 Low Rider, if I recall.  He started hanging out with some fellow riders and was soon an initiate into a questionable gang.  I don't know the full story nor do I want to, but I believe he stopped short of committing a serious crime in order to gain full membership. 
Now, he is pursuing the Muslim religion.  Mind you, we were basically forced to go to church every Sunday and although I had mostly fond memories, it didn't stick.  Evidently, it didn't stick for Claus either, because I received the following email:
My Muslim brethren say I need to pick out a Muslim
name.  I like ~Zarif~.   It means one who is humorous.
One guy said Muhammad, but everybody has that name.
Mom says I'm going to hell but if that's true so is a zillion
other people.  What do they say, "Christians aren't always
right, just forgiven."

Damn it, I was gonna use that name.

Zarif & Grizz

Zar & Unfortunate Woman

1 comment:

Mister said...

Good Grief, is that one of the virgins for becoming a martyr??? I might sign up. Perhaps he's just listening to her heart beat to see if virgin angels are alive. I don't know, but it looks kind of interesting to me.