Monday, May 16, 2011

Party!!!!

I saw some friends yesterday and we had such a good time, joking, laughing, needling as only true friends can. It's so great to know people who don't care how you look, what you're wearing or what your status in life might be. Yup, the kind of folks you want on your side when your doctor tells you to go to the ER now, because you might have a brain bleed.

These are my pals who remembered me from 3 weeks ago so I got extra special treatment and went to the front of the line, sorry Mr. Power-Saw-Accident-Man. Yes, indeed, it's good to be me sometimes.

So my friends insisted that I check out the ride in which you are trapped while they look at your brain and giggle helplessly while looking for screws. Very original, ha ha. Then burly nurse Jeremy wheels me back and when I tell him my boobs are hanging out, he just says, "It's not Friday, they can't be.". When I accuse him of just wanting to see my boobs, Sharon politely whispers, "Head injury". Hello, I can hear you!

My buds insist that I stay and have a cocktail. The olives don't fit in the IV line, so they come up with a new drink that is so good; a heaping dose of anti-nausea med, saline rinse, a slurry of muscle relaxer mixed with vertigo tincture, a pinch of Dilantin, followed by a chaser of cranberry juice.

Bottom line, vertigo along with muscle strain(left side compensating) and still, the pesky sinus infection.

I'm home with friend Sharon who graciously gave up her Sunday and today all for the chance to see the drunk guy's ass while dripping blood all over the floor while we were leaving.

Hey, thats what friends are for.

No comments: