Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Not Gay, Either

This just sucks.  In my planned recovery efforts, someone forgot to tell the Chiropractor that all this spinal manuever testing makes my vertigo way worse, not better.  Maybe the news made me woozy, but I said, okay, hold it there, I'll be back tomorrow because I need to go be sick now.  He graciously excused me.  I don't like hearing, well, your xray doesn't show a fracture of your left hip, but it definitely isn't good.  It's not fun to have the drunk spins when no tequila has been pounded.  It's especially not fun to throw up in a bag on the way home.  It's not fun to have your left hip throbbing and burning for no good reason other than hitting the ground really hard a month ago.  Yippy skippy, lets stop all this not fun stuff already.

So I'm back in Command Central (bed) with Lt. Doggus Dorkus at my side.  He needs to learn how not to twitch and kick while dreaming.  Even that makes me nauseous.  As long as I hold my head still and not lie down and the dog is still, I'm doing okay.  I called the Mister to order him around just to keep in practice, and that made me feel better, too.

Okay, on to my real observation.  I saw the Massage Therapist, Burly Bobby, again.  He is really good, but I still feel weird about one of his opening comments to me.  He said, "I'm not gay."  I was taken aback and said, "Oh."   But what exactly did that exchange mean?  Did I need to know that?  But why?  Should I be concerned that he would treat me differently?  Should I be careful to only wear big white underwear (which I don't own).   What, is he going to "accidentally" grope me and that was fair warning?  I've never had an issue with anyone, male or female, giving me a massage.  Especially a medical massage, i.e, neck and shoulder.  Very strange.

The fact that Burly Bobby isn't a PPO for medical massage made up my mind to switch, not the part of him not being gay.  He's good, but not out-of-pocket good.

No comments: