Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gratitude Journal

A semi-serious post, for once.  I'm listening to the love of my life talking with RB, a courageous man with esophageal cancer (for the second time) who we absolutely love and adore.  As well as MP, who we ride with in the Winthrop area and is a true mentor to me in terms of riding and all things horses.  Ain't got shit on what they're going through.  Word.

Anybody see Oprah's last?  I kept thinking of how the gratitude thing is so good.  I've done a couple of similar things for my man that I really recommend.  My man buys what he needs.  Short of a prostitute, I don't have anything to give him. (Sorry, Arnold, not doing it).   Anyhow, I kept a handwritten journal of things, every day, that I loved about him.  You wanna fall in love again?  Do this.  Easy, cheap and so meaningful, especially for a birthday.

So, back to Oprah.  A very good friend, famous in her own way and my friend for 20 years, invited me to go to a resort recommended by Oprah a couple years ago for her birthday. How does she know?  She knows Oprah and has been on her show and knows amazing people like me (okay, that the funny part).  We had a weekend like celebrities and it was way cool.. She is a marvelous, private person that I treasure beyond belief.  I am so proud to have introduced her to her husband and I'll leave it there.  Good on you, girl, and thanks for your love.

Mister and I watched a marvelous documentary tonight on HBO with yet another fabulous woman we met.  I don't know her well, but am so honored to have met her.  "Death in Oregon" featured an incredible staff of people, including Sue Porter (public knowledge), that have honored terminally ill people and their struggle.  She is a person that does this work out of sheer love and goodness and I'd encourage you all to see this film.

That is my mostly serious report for tonight.  The Mister is still speaking with RB and I'm glad.

No comments: