Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And Then There Was None

Bittersweet day today.  Cody went to summer camp to show young girls how to ride until August 1.  It's really a good thing because now she'll be what all animals (and people) should be:  respected and useful. 
I'll miss her because she is so sweet, although she talks alot.  Every morning, you'd think she had just seen and done the most exciting things the night before.  She hears the back door open and wakes the whole neighborhood with her, "Well, there you are, finally!!!!" Then she darts into the barn and bosses me about while I gather her hay and EVERY TIME I have to tell her to get her big head out of the way so I can give it to her already.  The whole while, "I saw this, I saw that, don't you want to give me grain, what about carrots, I know there are peppermints, way more grass, thank you, where have you been, it's already 6 AM, blah, blah, blah...." Jeez, give me a headache, all that blathering.  And then there is the other gray, just sitting there in the way, waiting for his carrots.  So it's weird not seeing her out there, but I'm very happy she'll be ridden and used.


She's still talking....with her mouth full, even.

I did my full range of PT exercises today, some for balance, some for shoulder/neck.  I'm definitely feeling it, but at least I'm not nauseous.  I've got a real medical massage scheduled for Friday and that will be exciting.  In the meantime, these Heat Wrap doohickeys feel pretty good.

I've been sending out pictures of myself through the FatApp tonight.  The Mister is having dinner with his boyfriends so I'm taking pictures of myself and trying to make them really fat by distorting my eyes and chin.  Stu da Phew showed me that trick.  It's way cool.


1 comment:

The Colonel said...

That's really UGLY.

Remember that Gus will eat the carrots!