Monday, June 13, 2011

Let Me Grasp Those While You Hurt Me

Two appointments today; one with Dr. Sam Naficy and one with the chiropractor.  Yes, I am cheating on the man who sewed my nose on.  I won't deny it.  Dr. N told me he thought I wouldn't need further surgery as long as my face was healing well, but I should get cortisone to relieve the large bump (keloid scar) forming under my nose.  He also told me about an Equine Vet he just did surgery on last week who was kicked in the face and had a much more severe injury and that made me feel better, although I'm sure the Vet doesn't feel that way about me.  So that was all very good news until he told me that the shots (SHOTS???  NOT SINGULAR SHOT????) would hurt a bit, but they'd use numbing creme and put some Novocaine in the mix.

Flashy Julie with the very long Latisse induced eyelashes dabbed the numbing creme all over my upper lip and got some on my lower so I really knew it was working and I sat there taking deep breaths and hoping for the best.  Unless you really need it, I don't recommend FIVE shots in your upper lip, even with Novocaine.  It hurts like hell.  The only real redeeming feature of this visit is that he offered to write me a prescription for diamonds.  He was delightful, once the pain was over.

Off I go to QFC and buy a bag of peas for my big lip.  I'm sure the checker thought I just had some injectable done because it was big and bleeding.  Well, damn it, I just did!!!

The chiropractor cracked my back and it feels great, so I know that therapy is working.  The xrays showed compressed discs in my neck and a more than 10% curve in my upper back.  When I look straight on in the mirror, it is obvious that one shoulder is higher and my neck curves to one side.  Because of the degree of degeneration in my neck, we're not so sure that this really didn't occur two years ago due to being bucked off and landing on my head.  So more back cracking, which is just fine.

The Mister emailed me and said that he had just got a cortisone in his hand this morning.  I emailed back, SHUT UP!!  I just got five.  He is suitably impressed, as he should be.

No comments: