Sunday, June 5, 2011

No Napping

An exciting day to be sure.  The Mister took me to Flower World to get some tomato plants, rhubarb and a couple of big hanging plants for the front.  I usually do lots of pots and a garden, but the thought right now is overwhelming, so this will have to do. I had him dig holes then I pointed to where the vegetables should be planted and all that supervising left me exhausted, so of course, it was nap time. 

I had just drifted off when he came in and woke me up.  Normally, this would never happen because he knows better than to suffer the wrath.  This time, he totally did right by me.  Rugby was on TV!!!  I love Rugby;  fell in love with it last year in New Zealand and what's not to love??  The All Blacks with their war chants, the Moo-loos and their pretty jerseys.  Beyond that, this a game of constant action that actually makes sense!  You can move the ball backwards, sideways, fall down with it and run it forward and everybody gets to do it!  Big circular scrums of strength.  There are no big fat defensive tanks and little tiny kickers.  No huge time wasting time outs and play reviews.  Very few players wear protective gear, which is changing, but talk about a good way to get a head injury!  You gotta like that kind of bravery.

Anyway, Dartmouth beat Army for the National Championship and it was great!  Can you believe Central Washington came in third? Amazing.  I have a real team to root for now.

Off to pick up Mom for dinner.  She loves "The Noodle Place" (really named Pho-Thai) but we'll try sushi tonight. Much to my sisters chagrin, she has discovered the "Most Secret Place" (Best Kept Secret) in Kirkland and it is a 1/2 hour walk one way for her.  Fortunately, she can only buy what she can carry.  For someone who just got her first credit card three years ago, she sure knows how to burn it up.  Who cares?  I say, buy it all Mom, full price even. 

No comments: