Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Get a Dog

I know it's scripted, but so unbelievably sad.  Two "16 year olds" are going to be parents and look, we're so wonderful and big belly, look at me, and we're in love and look at me some more, we're on TV, and we're all grown up and the center of attention.  Another show to watch because it's summer and I still can't do much and I've not see it and everything else is now reruns. Total train wreck, and totally preventable.  MTV's "16 and Pregnant", my new find.  I think it should be mandatory viewing for kids over 12.

I can't stop watching it.  The sad parents, the pathetic "understanding" friends, the lame boyfriends.  The only decent episodes are when the babies are given up for adoption.  Granted, there are a few parents of the kids that actually raise their grand kids, but really, is that the best option?  I really admire the parents that gave their daughter a puppy and said, go ahead, raise it and see how fun it is.   After having to get up and let the puppy out at 5 AM for a week or so, she decided that having a baby might not be all that great.  Wow.  Where are all the young dads?  For the most part, off the hook.  No job, no money, no big deal.

I will be the Aunt that shows this show to my niece and nephew when they are old enough.  Don't be stupid.  Don't look for "something to love".  Don't totally screw up your life.  Don't totally screw up an innocent life.   Please note:  I am not a parent, but I was a sixteen year old once.  I got the part about don't even think about being stupid and getting pregnant.  Probably because it wasn't the current fad back in the day and I'd seen and helped with plenty of animal births.  I also knew how to prevent it, which seems pretty reasonable knowledge for most pre-teens now.

That is my soapbox for tonight because Mister couldn't find the I-Pad stylus and I had to order one from Amazon.  Yes, I could go to the mall and buy one, but that would mean going to the mall. 

I would rather get a puppy.

No comments: