Friday, June 10, 2011

Gus is Mad

Look at this.  This is what Gus does when he is really mad at us.  He picks out one piece of trash, just to show us how very mad he is that we left him alone to sleep on the couch, bed, or, heaven, forbid, floor. Evidently, he barely survived, because one little piece of Kleenex was ripped to shreds in our bathroom.  Oy vey.  Life of a dog is just so very difficult.  OMG, he could have been in the back yard and close to death.


We managed to survive Gus' wrath tonight because it was my first night out in exactly eight weeks.  We did Twilight Golf at Glendale (dinner only) and it was so good to see friends that I haven't seen for a very long time.  We arrived and I had a Bombay Blue Sapphire Martini (yes, Elmer was named after that, my very favorite drink;  but his registered name was Moses' Gin Boy;  did you think Beefeaters was a good name??).
I hung out with my fav guys at the bar and waited for the "golfers" to show up and then we all had dinner and waited for some decent music....and waited....and waited....finally, "Brick House" was played.  I danced, because I had a martini, and it was the only real song to get a groove on.  My man can dance.  I would never have married a non-dancing, over biting, white man.  Ever.

Most people thought I looked pretty good for a kick to the face, and I know I do.  I really appreciate the folks, like John and Randy, who have personal experience and advice on how it feels and what to do.  I know I'll be back in action at some point, but don't know when.  For now, I'm consulting with those who know what to do;  PT, massage, Orthopedic Surgeons, ENTs, etc.  Trust me, I'm all about this.  I'm not golfing or riding, but will be when it is time. I can cook and drive, I.e., VERTIGO IS GONE,  so really, don't need the extra concern at this time.

I'd prefer this would have happened in November, but it is what it is.  It's hard not to ride or garden in good weather.  Going to Mazama this week, but if I don't plan a huge party to re-unite, please don't take offense.  I want to relax, recup, and see a select group of people this time around.  If you must, please pick out a piece of tissue to deal with it. 

No comments: