Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weiner, Weiner, Weiner

Poor sod;  a name like that.  What did he expect, going into politics?  Dork.  I had no idea there was rehab for inappropriate texting and blogging.  Maybe that will be my next scheduled therapy.  Hopefully it's located somewhere like Hawaii or Tahiti.  I'm sure I can get my doctor to give me a referral so that insurance will cover it.  Perhaps he's claiming psychological trauma, being burdened with a name like that.

Went to a fun brunch today with a great group of girls.  My little cowgirl friend, Audrey, was there and we had a great discussion about her upcoming horse show tomorrow.  She's all ready with her black velvet helmet and boots and is certain that Calypso, the pony, will be just as excited.  She told me that giving the pony treats is key to winning.  An interesting approach, but who am I to argue with an experienced 2 1/2 year old?  I'm going to watch tomorrow and cheer her on. 

Practice and treats, the key.....

I especially like how she puts babies in headlocks when she likes them.  My kind of girl.  I have a picture somewhere of putting a goose in a headlock after he bit my sister.  I'm pretty sure I didn't like him. I was wearing diapers, but he was going down.  My Omi told me that I kept calling him, "crazy chicken!".  She laughed and laughed over that one.  This is the woman who made us sleep with mayonnaise in our hair to grow it long one summer, then got really mad at our mom for cutting it.  She also once relieved herself in a patch of nettles, so it was my turn to laugh and laugh.  Big old burning butt.  That must have really hurt, though.

Mister is off fishing today at Dry Falls, back tomorrow.  I'm sure he's partying at the Soap Lake Businessman's Club, being the card-carrying member he is.  He's quite famous there, next to Norma Zimmer, the Champagne Lady from the Lawrence Welk Show.  Her parents owned the Zimmer Apartments, quite the landmark.  He shares the honor with her of once being the Grand Marshall (Marshalless?) of their eight minute Fourth of July Parade.  Yup, that's my man.

No comments: