Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Helpful Mister

Poor Mister.  He is miserable with a potential infection because of diverticulitis.  That sounds really cool, but it isn't a sports injury, so 75% sympathy factor.  He does have a growth on his kidney, so that could up the score, but I'm not holding my breath.

He tried to help me with dinner tonight by splattering grease here and there and then putting the lid off the saute pan downside for more mess, and then cleaning up by using the faucet sprayer full force so that it goes all over the windows and counters.  Bless him, he is a man with no real knowledge of kitchen rules and lore.  His idea of a real meal is a toasted cheese sandwich with yellow mustard and Spam.  Mind you, virtually every pan and dish and knife will be used to make this meal, but it is so worth that effort.


When Men Shop....

He fancies himself a "kitchen" guy.  Okay, I'll give you the investment in Sur La Table way back and getting the big discount, but really, do we need four hundred chip clips, seventeen pasta ladles, three deep fryers for turkeys (none used) three sets of All Clad, twelve casserole dishes (all the same size), and four dozen martini glasses?  This is what happens when Men Shop At Kitchen Stores.  I went with him recently and stopped him from buying yet another $800 knife that he would never even know we owned the day after.  Please, just stick to fishing gear and guns.  I know the Goodwill is so happy to see us every other week because of him...

He told me he was going to go fishing tomorrow, but then some damn lawyers wanted him to sign stuff, so I guess I'll be cooking again and gritting my teeth with happiness......

No comments: