Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Giraffe Neck Bones

Dr. Back Cracker and I did our usual upsy-daisy on the plank and while he was cracking me, he thought to dazzle me with trivia.  He said, "Did you know there are 24 bones in a human back?"  I replied, no, no I did not know that.  He said he remembered because there were 24 hours in a day.  I told him I'm glad he remembered what they taught him at school.  Then he wowed me with the information about there being seven bones in our neck, to which I said, "Because there are seven days a week?"  He didn't say anything, so I said, "You didn't put that together at school?".  (I said this after we were done cracking, because he is rather large and could hurt me if he was mad.)   No, he did not think about it this way.

He thought to throw me yet another bone and asked, "How many neck bones do you think a giraffe has?"  I almost yelled out, "Seven!!!  I know this, seven!!!"  (Oooh, ooooh, pick me!!!!)  I told him that I had just watched Larry the Cable Guy on the History Channel the night before and learned that from him because he was working with the giraffes at the zoo in Nebraska.  Scintillating TV.  Dr. Smarty-Pants then said that all mammals had seven neck bones, except for the sloth;  the sloth has eight.  I told him, "That makes sense.  They're so slow, they're even slow to evolve."  I thought that was a funny line, give the lack of sloth humor in the world.

I could swear that Dr. Crackem looked slightly disgusted as I left.

No comments: