Thursday, June 23, 2011

Perfoming Pigs Party

A very busy weekend is planned.  I'm going to visit Cody before her adventure at horse camp next month and then go listen to music tomorrow night.  The Mister made me promise that nobody would make him drum.  I won't, but I can't guarantee that anybody else won't try.  He really is a good drummer;  I listened to a few songs he cut in the day and he can rock some serious rhythm.  He gave up a full scholarship to college for music (trumpet) to enlist in the Army, but he did what he thought was right.

Then, one of the funnest things I've been looking forward to on Saturday:  Bridle Trails Party in the Park.  The performing pigs, equestrian drill team, pony rides and miniature horse demos!!  Oh boy.  We try to volunteer every year and fortunately, I'm doing the seated sales table while the Mister is doing set up and take down for the events.  Yes, he will help get the little platforms and hoops ready for the pigs!!  I'll try to get pictures, hopefully with the pigs.  I'm sure there will be afternoon napping with Gus because it is now expected and a habit and all the excitement will do us in.

Sunday will be a delayed Father's Day Seafood Feast at my son's house.  He's not my birth son, especially since he's five years younger than me, but still, he and his wife are my family.  He's a mullet wearing, soccer playing brute, about 6'4" and one of the kindest men I know.  I adore my three granddogs, too.  We once had a New Years' Eve party in Mazama with their kids and ours and a few friends and I counted seven dogs in the house and sledding.  Way good times.

No comments: