Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Cometh

A very interesting day for dentistry.  The vet came by to examine the boys and float teeth, wash sheaths and give vaccinations.  She said that little Trusty had very sharp points, gingivitis and needed his wolf teeth pulled.  Poor little Trusty had the Full Meal Deal!!

He is such a mellow little man that when he was sedated, it was hard to tell.  She was so good with him; giving him a shot of Novacaine to help with the extractions.  They also received Valerian root and Rescue Remedy which greatly reduces the amount of stress.  I think he'll be much happier with a pain free mouth.

Tino did very well, too, he was up and around in about 15 minutes looking for food.  Both boys did not like the sheath cleaning at all, little swishing tails and tiny furious kicks, even under sedation.  I offered to put my face near their little back feet to see what would happen, but Dr. Hannah said we didn't need to find out.


I called my sister to talk with my Mom before they headed over to Mazama for a few days.  She told me that Stu the 'Phew had a loose tooth and was messing with it so Mom (Oma) told him to wrap some floss around it and wiggle the root with it.  As he was twisting the dental floss, Lily told me that Oma came up behind him and hit his elbow really hard, causing him to jerk the tooth right out.  Said it was the funniest thing she evey saw.

I think Oma missed her calling.







No comments: