Thursday, November 10, 2011

Numb To It All

In my Vicodin induced fog, I am trying to remember when I truly felt this much pain as such was experienced today..  I believe it was when I was bucked off a couple years ago and my neck was so painful I thought I broke it.  I remember cussing up a blue streak and the Colonel telling me to be quiet and I told him to shut the f**k up.

I had no pain with the kick to the face.  Really.  I think it was because the body enters protective shock and I also kept up with the drugs religiously.  My written instructions after this incision was a couple of Advil every few hours.  No biggy.

About 10 PM last night, my head was on fire and I was sure that the doctor nicked my brain.  I took my two of my reserve pain pills and tried to sleep and was not successful.  Took all of my reserves and called him first thing this morning to demand drugs.  I got in to see him and he was overly concerned with my former accident.  Now, keep in mind, I gave him the five page hospital and followup report when I first saw him and we had mutually decided that it was better to cut out skin cancer than live with it.  I've seen him five times and each time, he marvels at my face and talks about horses.  Anyway, I wasn't accepting a prior injury for this pain and finally he told me what he thought happened. 

He said nicked a nerve and that has resulted in the worst headache ever with a completely numb region from my right eye half way over my skull. We hope it goes away. So nice to have almost symmetrical numbness.

I am not one to usually wallow in self pity, but today, I've made an exception.  Plus, my nose looks big in this picture.  Sigh....

No comments: