Thursday, November 24, 2011

Roasted Hedgehog

Two days of cooking, over in 20 minutes. At least there are enough leftovers for a week, not to mention a fully fried chicken.  The Colonel didn't want the deep frying oil to be wasted on just one turkey, so he fried three chickens and we gave them away as bonus parting prizes.  All the precautions  for deep frying were utilized so it seems ironic that the only mishap was when Gus threw his hedgehog into the fire and it had to be doused with water.  Oy vey.  Now there is charred dog toy marks all over the rug.

Because I made a carrot and parsnip side, the Wiener Horses got lots of peelings.  They also had to perform on command for everyone, so Tino is really good at bowing now.  Trusty is going to Leah's class for Show and Tell in January, we're going to prepare. I'm not sure how, but we will be ready.

I'm going to attend an informational session at the Delta Society next month.  I want to find out if Trusty would make a good "Visiting Pet".  I think he's very mellow and safe, but there are guidelines and certifications before he makes some old person's day.  I think we'd have fun and I'll train him to load via a ramp into a canopy in the back of the truck.  It just seems overkill to load a 200 lb horse into a huge trailer pulled by a huge truck.

Hope you all had a festive feast. 

No comments: