Monday, November 7, 2011

It Was Such a Good One!!

We sold our former poop trailer, my Christmas present from 2008.  It was a 5X8 lift and I loved going to Pacific Topsoil, then Flower World, to cleanse the palate.  It was just sitting there and kinda in the way, so I listed it on Craiglist, then it was gone.  I know, dumb, but what the hell.

Now we have the Weiner Horses, as the Colonel calls them.  Although it is small, dog-scoopable poop, it needs to go somewhere.  You can legally dump no more than 10% of your garbage as animal waste (not carcass, mind you, don't want to be doing that!) per my research.  I think we'd come in at about 25% per week, so that's out and why miss a chance for the Colonel to wheel and deal over a NEW trailer?  It's always about the man for me.

So off we go to look at new dump trailers, specifically, the one advertised on Craigslist.  A 4X7 lift dump, so very cute and small for the very cute and small manure.  We drove to "Trailer Boss" a new dealership just outside Mukilteo amongst all the RV and Wally World dealerships.  There it was, new and shiny and very small.  I allowed the Colonel to be the man, all wheeling and dealing (spare tire and new trailer plug electrical converter thingy, woo-hoo, big negotiations!!).

Anyway, during this intense deal, the phone rings and the guy answers and gets all reverent.  He says he is with a customer-all-professional-and-suave and then says to us when he hangs up-  that was the big guy, my boss.  Of course, I had to punt.  "OH, WAS IT THE TRAILER BOSS????"  Just a blank look from him with a mild appreciative snort of acknowledgment from the Mister.  Geez, one of my best and it lands on deaf and lame ears.

Such is my life.

No comments: