Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Horse Hugs

Bombay showed up at the back fence the other day. Holly, his new owner and some of her friends rode by and called me. I ran out to see them and he walked right up to me and nuzzled me, then tried to get into the gate because he was home. Holly said he knew exactly where he was going on the trail. His name is now Tango, which fits him well, based on the fantastic gaiting he showed me up and down the trail. He was used as a lesson horse at a kids' camp in Cle Elum for six weeks and he really enjoyed himself. Holly demonstrated his gaits by tying different colored ribbons on each fetlock. I can see that he is happy, calm and a much loved horse. I hugged his head and told him he was such a good boy and to live a long, healthy life. He hugged me back, which is very cool, if you've ever experienced it. He arched his neck over my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. Very touching with no doubt how he feels.

I always smile now when I think of that sorrel butt sashaying down the trail.

No comments: