Sunday, September 18, 2011

He Does Know How to Tie a Tourniquet

Watching the movie, "127 Hours".  Makes me a bit worried about the Mister, off in the Pasayten wilderness, fishing with his buddies.  I'm not sure why, he is Mr. Prepardness,  and has been ready for weeks.  We even slept on the deck one night to test the tent, pad and sleeping bag.  His friends came for one night in Mazama before departure and I laughed to see a bottle of Dewars Scotch and a can of Off in the guest room.  I teased him about having special gifts for his boyfriends and of course, he was most offended and assured me that was extra provisions for his camp out.  Well, lets see....two bottles of nasty Scotch, five bottles of wine,  20 some cigars,  a big gun and a big knife...that should do it.

Actually, the pack team will bring in the coffee makers, sun showers and other civilized crap, but I just worry about the recent Grizzly sightings in the area.  He does have his satellite tracker in case of emergency and four other experienced guys, but still.  It has snowed at this time of year and although he has survived a night in the desert with just a knife and a year in Vietnam, he is my man and used to creature comforts.

Let's hope he doesn't need that special knife to cut off his arm.

No comments: