Thursday, October 6, 2011

It Was a Sticky Situation, All Right.

Funny thing, this drug that helps my face cope. Some of the side effects are sleepiness, blurred vision, seizures, vomiting, etc. You know, the usual.

I went to my hair stylist yesterday and she asked if I had noticed a loss of hair. Well, yes, actually, yes, I did. Every time I washed it, a big nest would appear in the shower drain catchy thing. Also, brushing seemed to cause more shedding lately. Guess what another side effect of the neuralgia meds brings?

Yeah, well, it's not only the scalp hair involved, which reminded me of an interesting adventure I had a few years ago whilst still employed.  I recall that it was a particularily busy day with meetings lined up nearly back to back.  I know I had a few minutes to snarf a sandwich and then run to the restroom to check my teeth prior to the next meeting with a potential client.  Because I didn't have time to brush my teeth, I popped in a piece of gum, checked my teeth and sat down to pee.  Chewing gum is verboten in my book and I intended to toss it but in my rush, figured I'd spit it out between my legs to save time.  Right.  You can guess what happened.  Stuck fast in the nether region, it was.  I didn't have time to do anything about it, so I wadded up some tissue to put over the wad so it wouldn't stick to my underwear.

Don't remember the meeting, but I do remember the lumpish stickiness of my issue in the tissue the entire time.  I remember wondering if I could sneak out for some Goo-Gone or if regular oil would work.  Then thinking that I don't want to smell like Goo-Gone or have oil all over my crotch, so I guess I'd snip the gum (and tissue) out.

I snuck some scissors in the stall and set to work.  A few days later, The Colonel asked what happened.  I coyly told him that I thought I'd prepare a landing strip for him.  He told me that it was more of a helicopter pad, kinda like the ones in the jungles of Vietnam.  Still, the romance continues....

No comments: