Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Aptly Named Doctor

I saw my least favorite doctor yesterday, Dr. Richard Hoistad, Otolaryngologist.  It's not his fault because he has to make an accurate diagnosis, but when one is forced to throw up due to his work, the bottom of the list is yours.  Dr. Dick told me that my BPPV (vertigo) is back and that I need drugs and PT, again.  I told him that I knew it was back, but it didn't seem so bad, so maybe it was just a sinus infection???  Ever hopeful, I am.  He doesn't even try to mask his look of pity and/or disgust, so hopefully, my throwing up in a bag in front of him increased that disgust.

Well, Dr. Dick, I am about 90% better today, no thanks to you, so you can just tell someone else, "Hey, it's not like cancer, you will get better".  Lovely bedside manner, that one.

No comments: