Thursday, March 29, 2012

And Then There Were Two

Oh my, so much has happened in the past couple of weeks.  Where to start?  I need to go back and reread my old posts so I can remember where we last had our big adventure.

Okay, in last week's episode, we watch the Ho (that's me) visit Sad Sophey and discover that all is not as appears.  Then she leaves for Palm Desert with the Colonel to have fun in the sun but still whine and handwring over the fate of the good and angelic Trusty.  During the trip, we watch her whine and negotiate with Trusty's Evil Owner.  Then!!!  Oh, my goodness!!!  An email arrives: 

Hi Heidi,

Life is an ever changing playing field, which I suppose is what keeps
it exciting and interesting...after I saw you on Monday I learned that
I got into Occupational Therapy school in Spokane. This is totally my
dream and the profession will open up so many doors. But it's gotten
me thinking about where I'm at in my life right now being single and
going to grad school makes it more difficult for me to own an adorable
little pony named, Lucky. I've been so fortunate to get to keep him
for as long has I have, but it's only going to become more difficult
both financially and time wise.

My mom and I talked this morning and we think it would be best if we
sell him. I know that you've been interested in solidifying your own
little herd and I wanted to you to be the first to know that we're
going to have to sell him. Do you have any interest in buying him?

I know that this is kind of sudden, so please take your time and we
can talk more when you get back from your trip. I just know that you
would give him the such a great home because he's already so happy
where he is :)

Signed, Lucky's owner

And this is what fate has wrought.  I now have the golden opportunity to own Trusty's twin, who by the way, can be ridden by children, is a champion driving horse, very healthy and has perfect confirmation and has a stellar show record.  He and I will also be doing Pet Partners next year!  He is also Trusty's best buddy. I did think, for a second, well perhaps TEO wants him?  But of course that thought was instantly gone.  He is the 15 year old gelding (like Trusty) that comes with his own harness, cart, saddle pad and accessories for $1800 that she wishes she owned.   Several people have already expressed an interest in him, so I'm really lucky to get Lucky. It's true; the good ones are never advertised! 

Fast forward to this week's episode.  The Ho delivers Valentino, the black mini, back to Trusty's Soon To Be Former Evil Owner with a check ($4K is too much, but she had me over a barrel, so I'm over it) on Friday.  He is not going to kids' camp and will be forever mine.

I will wait a few weeks before I rub it happily in her face!! 

No comments: