Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fun With All Creatures Small

Is there anything better than kids and horses?  No, not really.  Perhaps kids and puppies, but eventually puppies bite and then there is crying and snotty noses and stuff.  I prefer the general slapping of necks, poking of ears and pulling of tails without a lot of fuss.



If you recall, this is my little hero, Audrey, who held horses while the ambulance pulled me to safety and rebuilt nose.  Her little brother, Brady, is stinkin' cute and loves horses, too, which is why he is perfectly content to pull Trusty about while filling his diaper.

A word about Trusty and his future.  While we are bonding and committed to the Pet Partners program, alas, he is still not "mine".  I have been in negotiations with his current owner for a few weeks, and she is still not giving me any indication that she is willing to let him have a loving lifetime home. I know I have given her two little horses much needed care and love, much more than they ever had, but....she can take them any time.  It makes me very sad, but I am resigned to staying positive and giving my best to these boys.  They deserve it and I deserve it.

No comments: