Monday, March 12, 2012

If It's Meant To Be....

Okay.   Normally, and this isn't normal, I wouldn't post private email stuff.  BUT.....this is the response we got from offering a lifetime home after giving Bombay to them....


"Hey.
Daughter and Daughter have" come around" and have been helping me look for another Trusty boy Mini that they are satisfied with...........which means yes, when we find a little pumpkin head as wonderful and talented as him we can/will sign him over to be yours.
Just updating you on my search. The best..........most like Trusty gelding I've found is a little gelding similar to Trusty and has potential for being as calm with the handicapped kids, as well as our camp and lesson kids. .............and he has done a ton of pleasure driving which is fabulous! ( don't know if you have had a chance to drive Trusty yet or not but he is amazing) Unfortunately the owner won't let him go for less than $5, 000 as she is not excited to sell him. I have a few others to go look at in the next cple weeks all in the $3-5 k range as well. The good ones with the training and experience he has are not cheap.
I have helped my vet out with a mini horse rescue and brought some home in hopes of finding a little diamond in the rough. They were a mess and all need extensive training/work so we have cleaned them up and are in the process of choosing foster homes for them.
I plan to keep looking unless that amount would be fine for you.
Give the boys a kiss for me. Hope you are not too soggy after today's rain.............so wishing the sun would come out soon."

Me writing here.....I plan to sit on this for a few weeks and think hard.  My first thought is;  prove that you actually have this "replacement" and my second was, well, "I haven't seen a 16 year old mini going for more than $2000, good luck with that" (truth).  It isn't really about the money, but the principle for neglecting an animal 11 months out of the year kills me.

I am disappointed, but we will all push on...


No comments: