Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Maine Idea

So of course, people want to know if we'll get another dog.  WE WILL NOT BE GETTING A PUPPY.  Let's be clear on that.  I would love to get an Irish Wolfhound, but they don't live long enough.  I would also like to rescue a senior dog or two, just to complement the average household age.  But I'd really like to get a Maine Coon kitty.  I've met a few and have always been impressed by their size and personality.  More dog like and quite friendly.

 The official description is as follows:

"The Maine Coon is one of the largest domesticated breeds of cat. It has a distinctive physical appearance and valuable hunting skills."  I'm thinking the Mister can train it to go hunting with him in the field.  You know, retrieve birds and claw fish.  They could bond and I'd be happy because yet another animal had a productive job and could earn their keep.




So I'm going to a cat show where I'm pretty sure women in suits and sensible shoes won't be running with these magnificent creatures all happy and frisky.  Nope.  They mean business and need to conserve energy for the hunt.
                                           I shall show you my hunting skills, peon.

No comments: