Saturday, November 19, 2016

Ring Around the Rosey

All is well.  I guzzled 4 liters of saline cocktail Thursday night and Friday morning.  Fortunately, the Mister was not present for most of the desired results.  It wasn't so bad, just annoying to have to keep going so often.

Upon arrival at Swedish, my nice nurse whisked me into a "private" room and covered me with warm blankets.  I asked if I could choose my color for the pedicure, at least she laughed.  I was not laughing when she couldn't find my vein, but one of her nicer associates stepped in and found one.  I waited for some time, enough to overhear three people surrounding me describe their last meal, medications and reason for being naked in a flimsy gown.  So much for HIPPA privacy.

I was wheeled into a truly private room for the procedure and told to lie on my side.  Too late, I realized that I hadn't drawn a smiley face on my hiney, but the doctor didn't seemed to be easily amused, so I'll save that trick for a more appreciative audience.  He asked how I felt and I replied, "Wide awake and ready for happy juice."  I thought he was going to go for it before we'd even had dessert!  The nurse reassured me and I watched her insert the sedative into my IV, thank God.

I woke up and the doctor came in with a diagnosis of hemorrhoids, oh joy.  But the best part were the pictures!  Just in time for my holiday cards;  a perfect little wreath for friends and family!



No comments: