Monday, October 24, 2016

Bye Woo

Why do we have pets?  I suppose the same reason we have children.  No, not because we got drunk and had sex.  Having a pet is a conscious decision to take on the absolute dependence of a being for that being's entire life.  That's huge.  They have no choice, no voice, just complete trust that you'll do the right thing.

So we did the right thing by DogGus and now we miss him terribly.  I can sleep in a normal position.  I don't wake up to a cold nose or a huge paw slapping the bed.  I don't have to stand in the cold and rain waiting for a dog to pee or poop and then wipe his paws.  I don't have to hunt for massive turds.  I don't have to pick up the lone tissue off the floor when he is mad. 

I sure wish I still could.  RIP, Hirsch's Believe You Me, aka Gus.  11/3/2005-10/18/2016



No comments: