Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Say What?

I thought I knew everything about the man I married twenty years ago.  Granted, it was a shock when I learned he liked Spam, but I learned to live with it.

Last week, I learned something so odd and strange that it will shock you.  Be prepared, dear reader, be prepared.

The Colonel told me that years ago, while he was enrolled in the MBA program at the UW, he started hanging out with a fellow student and would occasionally socialize as couples.  (This was BH, of course).  He said that one day, over beers at the local bar, there was a lull in the conversation.  The Colonel casually said to this man, "You know, your wife isn't very attractive." 

What?  You said what?  And he claims it wasn't even true.  Do you think it was some random Tourette's syndrome?  What would possess someone to say this?  Evidently, the man was gracious enough to say, "Well, yours isn't either", instead of punching him in the head.

I believe his filter is more securely fastened now.

No comments: