Thursday, April 25, 2013

Old and In the Way

Dear Heidi,

It was a pleasure to see you in the office. Your FSH shows that you are in menopause. Please let me know if you are symptoms resolved with the estrogen. I look forward to seeing you at your next scheduled appointment. Dr G

And there it is.  I am officially old.  I expect much sagging, drooping and memory loss by next week at the latest.  I just started wearing reading glasses last month, too.

FYI, I didn't celebrate the 2 year anniversary of my kick on Monday mostly because there wasn't much to celebrate.  Still on drugs, trying to wean off of Lyrica and Trileptal;  it's not easy, even though they are not narcotics.  Dr. G tried to convince me that the night sweats were due to these drugs and now we what the real culprit is.  I feel much better on fewer drugs, no naps and lots more energy.  I hope this low dose estrogen will keep the flashing at bay and maybe my boobs off the floor.

No comments: