Thursday, March 28, 2013

Picking Lint

Mom called today.  "This is your Mom."  Always.  Like how many elderly German women call me?  Okay, maybe two of my Mom's friends, but I know their voices equally well. "What are you doing?" she asks.  "Contemplating my navel," I say.  She laughs and I say, "No, really, I was just getting into the shower when I thought about my belly button and what could possibly be in it."  She said, "There is nothing in your belly button."  "Oh, ho!  You may think that, but have you ever looked?  It's really nasty, you should take a Q-tip to it."  "I wash my stomach in the shower," says she.  "Yeah, so do I, but all that soap doesn't rinse out sometimes,"  I told her.

I got to thinking about certain bathing rituals that I know about.  A friend of mine has never washed his feet.  True story, but his feet look great.  How can that be?  Another friend of mine uses a new towel every single day.  Not in my house she doesn't, but isn't that strange?  I couldn't do that much laundry and I really like doing laundry.  The Mister calls it my favorite hobby.  My Mom never uses soap on her face, just washes with a washcloth.  She has beautiful skin.  It's not right.

Well, that was exciting.  It was wonderfully warm today and a new friend came by to see the beasty boys.  We brushed them until it looked like we blew up several rabbits and took Trusty out in the cart.  Lucky tagged along;  no choice, as he was tied to the cart.  It was really fun and I learned  ton about harnessing and driving.  I'm really looking forward to more rides with her, especially when we pick up Lucky's cart from the ranch.

No news on my winning the Peep contest.  I don't know if they'll publish the picture in this Sunday's paper, but I know it was one of the best.  Now....what to do with all the Western Peeps?  They're on my shelf in all their sugary glory, slowly turning hard. 

I shall occasionally inspect them for bugs and see what happens.

No comments: