Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Better Than Picking My Butt

I know, I've slowed down on the posts.  Not because I don't have terribly exciting adventures every day, it's just that they're only terribly exciting if you're me.  Here are some of my latest adventures and then I shall bestow upon you exactly what my health status is as of today.  Stay tuned.

1.  I see Goldy twice a week to crack my back. 
2.  I get a massage.
3.  I pull on different size rubber tubes and pretend that I'm "working out".
4.  I take Gus for walks or walkabouts, as he prefers.  He checks his pee-mail and poops and I pretend I dont' see anything.  I figure if horses can poop in Bridle Trails, so can dogs.
5.  I had my hair straightened and cut.
6.  I went to see Clinton Anderson, famous Aussie horse trainer, do his thing at Showare Center in Kent.  It was fun.
7.  I danced to 80's rock with the Mister.
8.  I put Frontline tick crap on Gus' back.
9.  I went to Costco.

You get the picture.  Too exciting for words.  Literally.

That being said, my neck and butt still hurt occasionally and my upper lip and nostril are still numb.  I get occasional zaps across my face and in the orbital eye area, but this is supposed to be normal, according to my Google MD.  My dentist took an xray and said none of my teeth are broken at the root, but that I could lose a couple within a years time because my palate is shifted. 

My nostril occasionally itches like crazy and it hurts so good to scratch it like a nasty six year old boy, but what the hell, you gotta do what you gotta do.  Sometimes I think I'll touch my brain if I get up to the first knuckle, but not yet.

The Mister turns 65 this weekend and I can't believe I'm married to a man on Medicare.  Of course, he doesn't look like it, he's quite a handsome sort, looks like George Hamilton without the melanoma skin.  I got him the sweetest birthday gifts:  a tee shirt with his name on it:  "Colonel Angus" and a matching Confederate hat. 

How's that for true love?

No comments: