Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bella, Bella, Bella

I'm trying out the different ways to call two dogs. Kinda like my Mom when she'd yell, "HeidiLily" at dinnertime. I think it will be, "Gussybelle". Gus' breeder used to call all the puppies with, "cookie, cookie", so when it was dinnertime and I'd yell, "Gussie, Gussie!", same results. He'd be over at neighbor dog Ben's house and he'd come screaming around the silo up on the deck, smiling and panting.

Now, with new girl, Bella, I hope it works the same way. She sounds so much like Doggus Dorkus with favorite toys going to bed, happy kisses and being involved every minute. As much as I love him, I don't need help putting on socks and shoes, using the toilet or walking down stairs. Walking(racing and stumbling) down stairs in the morning is akin to Doggy NASCAR; the finish line is the food bowl.

Bella is the new girl that has come into our lives at a time that we are needing to pay it forward. Her owner is dying of cancer and doesn't have long and wants the peace of mind to know that her special girl will have a new home with much love. I hope Bella will comfort as long as possible and then we are able to comfort Bella as she grieves.

Life is too short and precious not to give where we can.

BTW, Goldy had a girl.

No comments: