Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good Riddance

2011 really sucked after April for a long time.  It seems all very unreal now and I don't feel like people are staring at me so much anymore to gauge my healing.

We met some really fun and good friends for an overnight NY party starting with Build-Your-Own-Bloody-Marys at Paliminos for lunch.  Then, the four guys and I went to see the stupidest movie I think I've ever seen, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Blah".  The best part was when Mike fell asleep next to me and started snoring, really loud.  It was only after Denny actually heard him and most of those around us were laughing that I elbowed him to wake up.  The smart girls went to see, "We Bought a Zoo", which was at least somewhat entertaining.

Power naps ensued and then we had apps and champagne in our friends' suite.  We dressed all fancy and the boys wore their coordinated tuxes, as pre-planned.  Of course, we all complimented ourselves on our fancy finery (I taught the Mister how to say, "That's cute" and he says it convincingly) and how well we clean up.  Then we piled into the Westin van with to-go cups and landed at Glendale CC for a night of dinner and dancing.  There were about 90 couples, most we knew.  We mingled with everyone and I only heard, "Wow, your face looks really good," twice, which is a big win for me because it means people are forgetting.  Of course, I'm not forgetting, as I take my Rx at exactly 9 PM or else my face starts burning and when I attempt head banging while dancing to AC/DC, I think vertigo might appear, so I can't. 

I did get up on stage to dance with the band (invited, not as a drunken stunt, mind you.)  I dry humped the bass player because he was over 300 lbs and then did the Time Warp because it was the song being sung (okay, that was a bit of drunken play).

Then I realized people were staring at me, but this time I didn't mind at all.

No comments: