Friday, December 9, 2011

A Good End to a Bad Year

My only real vacation of the year, finally.  Going to Mazama and a family reunion does not count at all. I had so much fun and am still aglow.  Riding, golfing, pedicure, amazing food, boinking, shopping, reading;  we did it all.  I love the desert, not Palm Desert, but the real desert of Arizona. 

Dancing Saguaro, abt 200 yrs old
I'm just happy to report that I feel almost 100%.  My upper lip and gums are still numb, as my forehead is, but I'm getting used to it.  I really felt the cold today, could be alcohol withdrawal.  I sipped some serious Tequila.

I'm putting up all my decorations tomorrow.  The wreath on the door and a Festivus pole.  Done.  The barn has always had cactus lights and the outdoor patio has white lights, so it's pretty damn easy to be holidayish.

Been emailing with our neighbor next door who lost her husband in a plane crash over the weekend.  Tragic, only 52 and an amazing family.  We'll be keeping an eye on the house while they travel to Michigan for the funeral and burial.  What a shock, I just saw him the day before we left.

I have been working out with my personal trainer again and we have a very motivating goal.  I don't want to jinx it, because I haven't been formally accepted, but it involves intense riding and another trip to Arizona!





My hero, an amazing wrangler with a Grammy!

No comments: