Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wrinkly? Get a Scar.

Had to get up extra early today. Mom needed a fasting glucose blood test and Lord help us if she doesn't get breakfast in a timely manner. I set my alarm, but as usual, a large fuzzy, smelly face whined at me to get up now, yes, now, now was breakfast time, please, now. That Mister can be demanding.

Off to Group Health lab for the blood draw, in which I kindly remind the vampiress that although I have seen you twice a month for two years, the old lady still needs a pediatric needle in the arm, not her hand. Sigh.

Breakfast at IHOP so Mom could be pleased with the enormous amount of sodium piled meats offered for such a deal. "Such a deal!", she crows, making sure to drink all the coffee from the large carafe, because that's a deal, too.

It was still too early for Bed Bath & Crap to be open, so we meandered in Fred Meyer. She kept going over her list, which included a new pillow, ironing board and yarn. I now know where my out of body shopping habit comes from. She was convinced she needed a dryer ball. "Mom, you don't do laundry, the staff does it for you and I wash your fancy stuff, remember?". The concept of the dryer ball was fascinating. I don't even know what it is and really, don't need to find out, but the Hausfrau in Charge reasoned that she wouldn't need the ironing board if she had a dryer ball. Long story, but I left without napkin rings and now own a dryer ball. Mom has an ironing board, so I say we're even.

Lots of face pressure lately and I am pleased to report that I can wiggle both nostrils. Always a crowd pleaser, that trick. Had a basal cell carcinoma punched from my forehead and I've decided that wearing the bandaid is not as fun as shocking people with stitches.

More facial scars, that's what I like.

No comments: