Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Go, You Vole!

Things said after 19 years of marriage and not much left to say.  While driving;  "Careful, careful, Captain Safety, don't drive so fast."  "Go, you pig f****er!", and two favorites, courtesy of my deceased father, "Sons a bitches!" and "Creeping Jesus!".  I don't know what that last one really means, but that's what he would say.

Other nonsensical sayings pertaining to us would be:  "Toe, Ally, Vole".   What does THAT mean?  You may well ask.  The Mister lost his hearing a few years ago thanks to performing in bands and gunfire in Vietnam.  He told me once (well, more than once), "I love you".  I told him, "I love you, though."  He thought I said, "I love your toe", which is a bit confusing, because I really don't love his toes, so why would I say that?  Anyway, "Toe" is code for, "I love you".  Oh, so very sweet.

Once, he said, "I love most about you", to which I replied, "I love almost all about you", which means, "Ally".  Are you sick now?  You should be.

Then, the topper.  We watched a documentary about animals that mate for life.  Must have been a very slow night.  We found out that Voles mate for life.  Hence, "Toe, Ally, Vole." 

Now you know.

No comments: